Through properly understanding audio effects, you can add flavorful spices and unique characteristics to your recordings.. They can add warmth to acoustic instruments, put life into your virtual instruments, or soften a brittle sounding sample. They can also strengthen an electric guitar track, or create the illusion of a vocal performance from an acoustically sound cathedral.
In This Article You Will Learn:
- What audio processors can do to a recorded audio signal.
- What the difference between an effects processor and a signal processor is.
- Practical uses for modifying a recorded signal.
- The unique functions of popular processors.
- The difference of hardware and software audio processors.
The two root-categories of audio processors are: